Stir Fry Sweet Potato ToastJune 13, 2020
Sautéed Kale and KohlrabiJune 28, 2020
There’s just something about a refreshing salad that hits different in the summer.
Although our summer is turning out to be quite a bit different than usual, considering we’re in a pandemic, there’s still some things that remain the same.
The weather is still getting warmer. Family meals are still being prepared. And tastebuds are still craving new and exciting flavors.
This Sicilian Salad is super refreshing and full of flavor, while also being the perfect summer salad!
- 2 red potatoes (approximately 2 cups chunked)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh string beans
- 1⁄4 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1 chopped tomato
- 2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄8 tsp himalayan sea salt
- Using a steamer pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Rinse and chop potatoes into large cubes. Steam for 12 minutes or until soft.
- Rinse string beans and snap off ends. Place in steamer with potatoes for the remaining 5 minutes (be careful not to overcook string beans, you don’t want them too soft or mushy).
- Once cooked, place potatoes and string beans in a large bowl and set aside.
- Cut thin, long slices of red onion. Slice cucumber into spheres and chop tomato into chunks. Add all remaining vegetables to potatoes and string beans.
- Using a separate cup or container, combine balsamic vinegar, lemon, garlic powder, 1⁄8 tsp salt, dash of pepper and mix well.
- Pour balsamic dressing over salad and mix. Enjoy it right away or place in fridge for at least 1 hour (salad is best kept in fridge overnight).