Sicilian SaladJune 20, 2020
Let’s Talk About CoffeeMarch 14, 2021
What better time than now to visit your local farmer’s market and pick up some fresh fruit and veggies?
This easy recipe will pack a punch full of flavor, with some veggies that might not always be your go-to.
- 1 1/4 lbs kohlrabi bulbs, peeled
- 1/2 tsp grated lime zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs kale (2 bunches), stems and center ribs discarded
- 5 garlic gloves, minced
- 1/3 cup salted, roasted pistachios, chopped
- Using a mandolin or very sharp knife, thinly slice the kohlrabi.
- Whisk together the lime zest and juice, 2 Tbsp of olive oil, and 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Toss kohlrabi with dressing. Set aside.
- Chop the kale.
- Heat the remaining 2 Tbsp of the olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, saute the garlic until pale golden, about 30 seconds.
- Add chopped kale by the handful, turning and stirring with tongs and adding more kale as volume in skillet reduces.
- When all of kale is wilted, saute with 1/2 tsp of sea salt for an additional 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and cool to room temperature.
- Toss kale with kohlrabi and pistachios.